Chitwan Jungle Safari tour is a Chitwan National Park Safari Tour in Nepal. The safari adventure in Nepal has three different options. The available Chitwan National Park wildlife safari are 1 nights 2 days Safari in Chitwan, 2 nights 3 days Chitwan Jungle Tour and the final is 3 nights 4 days Chitwan Safari tour. All of the three options are dedicated to explore the natural wonders of Chitwan National Park. The tour to Chitwan actually more than a wildlife safari tour as it also includes visiting the local villages of Chitwan too.
Chitwan Package Tour can be arranged from Kathmandu and it can be booked from Pokhara as well. Interestingly the Chitwan tour can be done after completing the tour in Kathmandu or finishing the tour to Pokhara. Chitwan National Park is popular for some of the endangered species in the world. The one horned rhinoceros, Royal Bengal Tiger and Asiatic elephant are three of endangered animals found inside Chitwan National Park. The endangered birds in Chitwan are Bengal florican, the vulnerable lesser adjutant, Grey-crowned Prinia, swamp francolin. To do Chitwan Safari inside Chitwan national park there are two options available. The two safari options in Chitwan are
Elephant Back Safari at Chitwan National Park
- The elephant back safari here represents to ride the elephant and go around Chitwan National Park. The ride around the park is considered as one of the best adventures to do. The ride to the jungle is about three to four hours and it allows to sight the best of floral and faunal beauties of the Chitwan National Park.
Jeep Safari at Chitwan National Park
- The best alternative to Elephant back safari in Chitwan is Jeep ride. The jeep ride allows to experience the same sort of experience like elephant back safari. This Jeep safari to Chitwan national park is getting popular as people are choosing this option not to hurt the animals. During the Jeep ride inside the Chitwan National park one can get chance to spot the several wildlife, bird watching and the idea on the different vegetation of the national park.
Chitwan Jungle Tour highlights
- Explore the UNESCO World Heritage listed site of Nepal.
- Get the chance to meet the one-horned rhinoceros, royal Bengal tiger and more wildlife.
- Visit elephant breeding center to meet the baby elephants.
- Experience one of the best bird-watching in the world.
- Explore the local Tharu villages of Chitwan.
- Do elephant back safari or jeep safari inside Chitwan national park to explore the floral and faunal beauties of the park.
- Create a lifetime memory with Nepal Mountain Company.
Jungle Safari in Nepal best seasons
- The best season for Chitwan jungle safari is spring (March to May) and autumn (September to November). Although the Chitwan jungle safari can be done twelve months a year. There are no such season restrictions or the constraints on jungle safari in Nepal.
Chitwan National Park Jungle Safari Options
Chitwan Jungle Safari has typically three options. Those three available jungle safari options are;
- The 1 night 2 days Chitwan Jungle Safari is dedicated to explore the most of the Chitwan national park in the short time. This option is designed to taste the national park tours in Nepal at the short time. The short trip to Chitwan allows to do Chitwan Jungle safari, bird watching and to witness Tharu cultural program.
1 nights 2 days Chitwan National Park Tour Itinerary
- Day 01: Drive to Chitwan and do jungle safari and bird watching. In the evening, witness the Tharu cultural program.
- Day 02: Drive to onward destination.
- The most popular safari tour in Nepal. The 2 nights 3 days Chitwan safari is most booked safari tours in Nepal. The itinerary is perfected crafted to get most of the national park. The details of this option is as following.
2 nights 3 days Chitwan jungle trip itinerary
- Day 01: Drive to Chitwan and transfer to the hotel. Later in the evening participate on Tharu cultural dance.
- Day 02: Chitwan National Park Exploration. Do safari, bird watching, visit elephant breeding center, jungle walk and more.
- Day 03: Drive to onward destination.
- The third and final jungle safari option in Chitwan is 3 nights 4 days Chitwan jungle tour. The extended version of the tour allows to experience the complete jungle trips in Nepal.
3 nights 4 days Chitwan Trip Itinerary
- Day 01: Arrival in Chitwan and transfer to the hotel. In the evening, enjoy the Tharu cultural program.
- Day 02: Do elephant safari, canoe ride and village walk around the Tharu village.
- Day 03: Do the Jeep ride to Twenty thousand lake and explore the wildlife more.
- Day 04: Drive to onward destination after the breakfast.
Chitwan Jungle Tour Price/Cost
Depending upon the number of days you want to safari in Chitwan and the hotel category you prefer. The Chitwan jungle safari cost are different. The price of Chitwan Jungle Safari is as following.
- 1 nights 2 days Chitwan jungle safari tour cost starts from US$ 100 per person and it is a package program in Chitwan.
- 2 nights 3 days Chitwan jungle safari price starts from US$ 130 per person and it is also all-inclusive program.
- 3 nights 4 days Chitwan jungle trip price is US$ 180 per person and this is also a package safari tour in Nepal.
How to get to Chitwan National Park from Kathmandu or Pokhara?
- There are two options available to get to Chitwan National park either from Kathmandu or Pokhara. The two means of transportation to get Chitwan national park are a tourist bus drive from Kathmandu or Pokhara to Chitwan. And the next option to get to Chitwan national park is by taking the flight from either Kathmandu or Pokhara.
Still have a question about Chitwan Jungle Safari? Then please contact our Nepal travel expert directly.